- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic gloves, crushed (or finely chopped if you don’t have a garlic crusher!)
- 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped into little matchsticks.
- 3 tablespoons of thai red curry paste (I sometimes make my own – see my aubergine curry recipe here but for this I used shop bought Thai Taste red curry paste)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (I used Meridian Coconut & Peanut Butter)
- 4 large sweet potatoes (mine weight about 650g in total) peeled and cut into bite sized chunks
- 400ml can of coconut milk
- 200ml of water
- 125g spinach
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Rice or whatever you fancy to serve plus flaked almonds to garnish
In a large saucepan, melt the coconut oil and cook the onions over a medium heat until soft.
Stir in the garlic, ginger, curry paste, peanut butter, coconut milk and water.
Add the sweet potatoes and bring to the boil.
Turn down the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are soft and the sauce has reduced and thickened.
Add the spinach and str until wilted.
Add the lemon juice and Bodkin's and you’re ready to serve